Adventure Days

I found myself on a plane to Denver {what does that acctually mean, "I found myself on a plane"?} on a Friday afternoon recently. I had zipped down to FAT {what an airport name!} right after school. Once the three hour delay had passed I was ready and cheerfully/exuberently seated and ready for my next adventure. You see KP and I had been counting down the days until this next adventure for several weeks and my joy of actually going somewhere was bubling forth {I mght state it was bubling forth more than my normal ozey joy bubbles forth}. As the chatter of airplanes go, my seatmate asked me if I was takng a vacation day. Honestly, my first reaction was to say, "No, I'm taking an adventure." Bahhahahahaha. Who says that?! I, however did respond with a yes. But it made me think. What if I looked at vacation days not in fact as a vacation but as an adventure day. I intentionally would see the adventure possibilities in everything. I wouldn't be spending vacation days but instead I would make sure I used my two weeks of adventure days with great purpose and zest. 

So, next month, I'll be using some of my adventure days. If you don't see me around just know I'm off living in the present, charging the mountain and giving my excitment away like candy at a 4th of July parade. 


Comments

Andrea said…
Spring Break = Adventure Break! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.