Slow down and just be

I often forget to write. So much is going on, my days are full and I get swamped.

Recently they were really full. Full of meetings that made me feel inadiquite, meetings that made me questions God's placement of me here and meetings that filled my plate with more to-do's than were already flowing over.

Saturday I took a personal day and didn't tell anyone I was actually still in town. I listened to some good sermons by Andy Stanley and John Ortberg. They helped me see God in my life again, they helped me to remember who gave me this job. They reminded me that God never said things would be easy but He gave us Grace. They reminded me to slow down and simply enjoy what today offers.

Then Sunday I took a moment and watched a clip of Mr. Rogers. What a guy. He reminded me who I want to be in this world. How I want to take every moment to make a difference for the better in someone's life.


 Every time he was given an opportunity to make the world a better place he did. He talked in such a calm, peaceful and genuine voice. He's still my role model.



Here's a few tidbits about the guy. More reasons for us to be real, genuine and love everyone.

Comments

Andrea said…
Those facts were pretty awesome--and inspiring.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Almost nearly perfectly content.

Phase 2