Thoughts on not being a Teacher/Principal

I go to bed without running through a million scenarios in my head about school board meetings, teachers meetings, parents, students, lesson plans or any other million things.

I have HEAPS of free time on Sunday and by HEAPS I mean all day. I don't have to go to the school, write lesson plans, grade papers or brainstorm ways to recruit more students. 

I go into work at 8:15 am everyday.

I leave work at 5 pm everyday.

I am not having to "be on" all the time. 

I don't have to wear a million different hats.

I don't feel terribly inadequate, overwhelmed, stuck or like a fake. 

I still get to teach, brainstorm ways to teach concepts and ideas to students.

I bicycle to and from work most days (motor bike on days when I go to the village).

I don't have to shmooze or woo people to donate, volunteer, like me, like the school, or even care about anything when I am at church.

But mainly I have so much free time on Sunday. Time to explore who I am and the world around me or to simply sit and read or watch a million episodes of a new favorite tv show. 

I'm no longer stressed about life and work. It's a great feeling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.