November 11, 2018

Friday was my day for office worship and I decided it was time for another office read along. I chose My Friend is Sad by my favorite Children's author Mo Williams. I love his books because they are simple to read, enjoyable as an adult and they have such good lessons.

Here's how worship went:



You are enough. It's you I want to be friends with, not anyone else. I like you, for you.

Proverbs 17:17 says: A friend loves at all times.

A true friend loves you for you. We just want to be friends with who you are, you don't have to change or try to be someone else. It's you I like!

It's said even better in a great song by Mr. Rogers.

It's You I Like
Written by Fred Rogers | © 1971, Fred M. Rogers

It's you I like,
It's not the things you wear,
It's not the way you do your hair
But it's you I like
The way you are right now,
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you,
Not your toys
They're just beside you.
But it's you I like
Every part of you.
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings
Whether old or new.
I hope that you'll remember
Even when you're feeling blue
That it's you I like,
It's you yourself
It's you.
It's you I like.

Be you. Who you are is enough. I like so much about you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! So deep. My Friend is Sad AND Mr. Rogers... so good..
Andrea said…
Sigh. So good. So deep. I wonder if Mo Willems and Mr. Rogers ever met? And I’m glad you’re my friend.
Christoffer said…
Your worship thought must've been a hit with this material. Good messages.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.