The scoop, the down low, the story of begining

Here's the scoop on how I got connected with Tchad.

It was early March and I had just been rejected by Boston College for my masters in international social work, with the recomendation that I get more experience then reaply. So all my options were open I could do anything I wanted or go anywhere! I then recieved an email from Maria Sager telling us about her friend who was a doctor in Tchad, who could use some prayer and if anyone was willing to go out there they could use more volunteers. Knowing I wasn't medical I wondered if I could actually do anything useful for him. So I emailed him to see. I told him that I had been out before what I had done and that i was a social worker and a nonprofit minor. He right away was interested and we started working on me going through Southern as a student Missionary. I have since graduated and I am being allowed to still go through SAU. I am very excited about going and I know that God is leading in my life.

If you are really interested in going out you go to hesaidgo.net and there are calls listed (it's the NADs offical site) or you can talk with anyone in the student missions offices at any Adventist University and they can tell you about places that need help. THey can at least give you some contact information. If you want we can stay in contact and maybe you can go to Tchad next year and continue the work that I will be doing.

Comments

dj said…
Sonya, I am the Webmaster for the Bere Hosptial Blog. I have added a link to your site to the Bere Blog. I went to Bere in October 2005. This will be an adventure of a life time. Send updates to your blog as often as you can. We will be eagerly awaiting the updates. We will also be praying for you.

Dan

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

500 stories.