A Bonbon por moi?

On the way here to Bere I sat next to a man, for more than 7 hours, who was nice, he and I tried to talk a few times. We didn’t get very far :o) But it was nice to try. Thanks to Jed I did however know how to say, “ how do you say”. Then there was a Muslim man who was sitting in front of us (facing us) and when we would stop to go throught the ‘toll booths’ he would buy food and would share with us. I of course would try it, I’ll try most anything once. I have no idea what it was but one was starchy like a potato and the other was a root. I liked it for the most part. Then there was a really cute old lady who sat behind me to the left and she helped me peel the root, she was really funny because she just took it from me and showed me then gave it back to me but apparently I didn’t peel it fast enough and so she took it back and peeled the whole thing for me. So after a while, after they thought I was sick because I was resting my head in front of me with my hands on the back of my neck, I broke out my sour lifesavers that I bought right before I left and shared them with everyone. Hehe! It was funny because they didn’t know what to think of them, but the old woman sitting behind me really liked them! So she took a few more. I loved being able to share like that. I’ll be sharing way more like that.

Comments

Andrea said…
We'll have to send you some skittles bubble gum or something--see what they think of that. :)
Anonymous said…
it's a delight to hear from you! sounds like you are alive with the excitement of the new place. awesome, isn't it? :) can't wait to hear more ...
Jo said…
Hi,
I am so glad you have arrived safely. I will pray for you everyday. Be safe and have fun. I cant wait to hear more of your experiences! Love ya.
Mabel said…
It is so great to read of your adventures!! I knew you would make an impression on the people of Tchad!!
Love ya!! Mom
Mabel said…
I'm real excited to hear about your adventures! I knew you would make a great impression on the people of Tchad!!
Love!! Mom
Mabel said…
I'm real excited to hear about your adventures! I knew you would make a great impression on the people of Tchad!!
Love!! Mom
Anonymous said…
It's so good to hear you are OK. You are so great with those kids. You haven't changed a bit:) What is your appartment like? I'm at Pisgah mailing my stuff to LLU. Sunday I start the trek out west. I'll write more later!
Anonymous said…
Deli and I look each day for an entry on your blog. We are so interesed in your experience. We think about you every day.
Take care and we love you
d2

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.