Camping

I went camping almost a month ago. Funny thing is I haven’t stopped since! I love where I live. It took a while for the shock to wear off, but once it did I fit right into the grove of it all.

I wake up early because I go to bed early. I go to bed early because the sun goes down and we don’t have electricity so what else is there to do? Well, we draw in the dirt next to our lamp or we look at the stars. One night I sat with my famil on their mat and we giggled, we did exercise stretches, back bends and learned how to say moon, stars, one foot and two feet in engish. It was fun. Good wholesome camping fun.

I love to get up early. I am by heart a morning person. Just ask anyone who has worked at camp with me. Don’t ask any of my roommates, they get confused :o) In the mornings I like to take my time with my worship and prayer and just slowly soak up the day.

I get to eat outside, I sit outside to paint, I read outside and I play outside. Just like with camping. Only thing is I don’t have to sleep in a sleeping bag. I get a cot, yes that is a bit plush for camping, but I think of it as being the Eddie Bauer of camping. Shoot, my mosquito net is even blue, that’s posh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.