Fortune Cookies

I went with my mom and brother to Pei Wei, an asian resturant, the other day when I got back to Texas. I had some spicy food, but my favorite part was the end when I got my fortune cookies! Let me state for the record that I am not a person who places my whole life with these but I must state that they were pretty good (tasting) and fun to read. They gave me a lot to think about so I thought I would share them with you all.

1. A secret admirer will soon send you a sign of affection.
thought: hurry and send me something if you are reading this you secret admirerer ;o) Besides they say it takes about 2 months to get a package and several weeks to get a letter and I really want snail mail letters!!!!!!! HINT HINT

2. You will become a great philanthropist in your later years.
thought: nuts, guess an international social worker will be poor, at least till my later years when I make millions of dollars. . .okay we all know I will never be rich. But that is my choice, well I wouldn't mind haveing millions of dollars so I could live overseas or live at a home for kids in the mountains. It's good to know in my later years I will have this ability. Shoot, I guess it actually doesn't say anything about money.

3. A visit to a strange place will bring you renewed perspective.
thought: Well I know that they aren't talking about Texas. I'm going to TCHAD!!! I can only begin to imagine the changes in my perspective that are going to take place. My friend Rachel V. this summer was talking about how she is excited to see how living in Tchad is going to change my perspective. I guess we will all have to wait and see. When I lived in Honduras for my first round of mission living I came back a quiter person--yes it's true I was quieter for awhile. It's important to note the for awhile. Maybe when I get back I'll be quieter, bolder, or even more set in my passion for missions. We'll see. I suspect though that I will have a new perspective on life and people.
So in the end the cookie will be right.

Comments

Andrea said…
Are you sure Texas doesn't count as a "strange place"? I'm sure you'll come back from Chad changed. Maybe you won't like any Americans any more...Maybe you'll forget how to speak English...Maybe you'll wash your clothes in the bathtub, and maybe you'll be really submissive. hahaha. That would be funny. :)
G. J. Newmyer said…
I've been to Texas and it definitely qualifies as a strange place - not as strange as Happy Valley, though. I think every place you've ever gone has changed your perspective because you see the world differently after every trip - my last fortune cookie advised me to beware of Mexican food - same ingredients in every dish...

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Almost nearly perfectly content.

Phase 2