Pass the peas, please

Let me talk a bit about eating.

I eat:

Rice

Cucumbers

Tomatoes

Onions

Corn

Corn and more corn

Millet

Gumbo (okra)

Potaoey-things

Millet stocks (they're like corn stocks)

I was shocked by the ‘spit sauce’ because I wasn’t sure what it was. But come to find out it was the okra juice that made it look like spit. But I think I was already turned off to it. We eat it with millet, that’s like wheat kinda, and they make it in the shape of a bowl, then you take parts of it with your hand and dip it in the sauce. Not to bad, I can’t wait to try something like it in the sates and have a Tchad day with eating without utenciles. Then we often eat corn cobs for lunch, or a yummy tomatoe, cucumber and onion salad, with peanut oil and pepper. Oh, how I love it!!!! I could eat it forever. I love it all!!! Yummmmmm. We might eat the “spit sauce” at any given meal. Sometimes I get a plate of Spanish rice and I love that. I don’t think I am going to have any problems with malnurishment here, Nuts. Guess I’ll have to loose weight another way.

Until we run out on Saturdays and when we are studing French at the house, Liz and I eat the food the Americans brought over and gave us when they left. So we have it quite nice. . . so long as I don’t have to eat the sauce forever :o) But I think my family picked up on that and they don’t seem to have it all the time. Amen!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah! that sounds wonderful!! I hope to eat as well as you here at SAU...I think my chances are a lot better now that I live in the Southern Village. Well, the first week has been fun, but a little stressful. I think things are under wraps now. I got to drop a really hard class so Yipee!! Keep in touch, I will start e-mailing soon because I just got my new computer...a mac book pro...WOOT WOOT. I am at Maria's right now and Alex and Maria say hello! Ta ta for now

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.