Tweet, tweet, tweetalita-tweet, rock’n robin. . .

I had a pet bird. His name was Sampson. I made a cage for him and everything. He was a brilliant bright red. He was one of the first things Liz and I saw on our way down from the capital almost two months ago. On our way down Liz said we have to get a picture of one of those. Louis caught him by hitting him with a homemade round marble and a slingshot. They were going to kill him and eat him but I was so excited by him that they gave him to me. I was very excited to have a pet, as there was no dog available for me yet. He lived quite happily I think, in his little upside-down basket turned bird house in the guava tree next to my hut. He ate millet, the round seeds in American bought bird seed. And he even had a few friends for awhile, Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendigo, till they tragically met there end. . . and were eaten by Swari, the littlest. Well one day as we were climbing the beautiful guava tree eating of it’s beautiful fruit, Louis told me that Sampson looked sick and wasn’t doing to well. Hmm, at least I had for warning. The next day as I got home they told me Sampson was dead.

So I lovingly took his little body and as I didn’t want someone who didn’t love him to do the deed I plucked his little bright red feathers. As I did the job I was singing the taps song and my famil commented on how I was singing for my little bird. It’s true I said, I am singing. I even did a little salute for Sampson. He lived a good life. He reminded me of my favorite song as a little girl. It’s out of the green Adventist song hymnal, If God can love the little sparrow, than I know He loves me to; He loves me too, He loves me too, I know He loves me too. If God so loved the little bird I know He loves me too.

So in the recent death of my pet bird Sampson, I know He loves me too, and I know He loves you too. So remember today that God cares about my little pet bird that died, and He cares about you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that song. I am not sure where I heard it from (not an adventist myself) but found this post using google. Condolences on Sampson

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.