Never far from home

I've realized yet again that we are never far from home. We were sitting in worship the other day (actually on a regular basis) at the hospital and there was a nifty little jingle, someone's phone. Ahhh, what a gentle annoying reminder that technology is very present in my Bible land of Tchad. There is also the world wide titti-twister for the male gender. I saw some boys giving each other one reminds me of being at camp with the silly boy staff. We also have our fair share of fart-ers. Sometimes when I am playing with the kids at home, Swari, the littlest will just fart. Then all the other kids will bust out laughing. Then sometimes we'll be sitting on the mat and out another one will come. It's true you are never all that far from home. The best of them all is when Hans and I were coming home from the capital last month one of the passengers in the van with us was wearing jeans, and on his jeans they said, " Welcome to the Hood". See I'm in the hood, I knew I wasn't far from home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.