Prayer

Being here is teaching me about prayer. I feel like prayer is
becoming more real to me. How often when I was at Southern was I able to
pray so hard for someone like I did for that woman? I was so real-raw, I
cried out-I wanted to literally, but instead I talked silently and moved my
lips under my mask and cried with my eyes.

I know that God's not some magical spell that can be turned on
and off to do my bidding. But come on! God's sent us-Yes, each and every one
of us the Holy Spirit. We've been given the power to set people free. We
should be able to have such a relationship with God that we would do His
bidding. Like when you've been friends with someone so long you just know
what they want. I want that! I want to be able to say-honestly that I desire
You (God) more than anything on earth-Psalms 73.

I long to see someone set free not by medicine but by pure power
of God covering our shortcomings with Christ's blood. Oh to see that power
at work here in Beré.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.