Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away. . .

When I got to the hospital for worship at 7am, little Ramadan, one of my little TB guys sat with me for worship, and he and I had a lot of fun I received the full amount of personal contact for the day. We looked at our hands, veins in our hands and tried not to giggle to loudly when we tickled each other. In the afternoon I didn’t worry about working on our math skills like I normally do. Normally I sit with my peds boys and we go over math stuff. We play a round of Uno and then work on numbers. With Climont, I work on going over basic numbers and recognizing them and then with Kumabus, I help him with multiplying and simple addition, which he is good at. With Ramada I go over addition. But yesterday I gave it all a break and we colored pictures. We just sat there and I sang and let them color whatever they wanted to. There was a nice breeze and a bag fluttered over to me so I took it and made it into a kite. I just sat there with the kids and tried to fly my kite. Soon it was time for me to pack up and leave. After I got all my crayons back and did my ‘special’ handshake (high-five followed by an elbow touch) I was waiting for Liz to finish work so we could talk a bit. As I was waiting I saw Kumabus and Climont attach my kite to Climonts cane/stick and fly it. They were so happy and enjoying themselves. Ramada was hanging out with me getting more of his personal contact. It’s always fun being with Ramadan because he is learning French from us because he speaks Nandjere at home. He’s really smart and I’m glad he has to stay here for 2 months so he can get his meds. I get to hang out with him and learn from him for a two full months. I can see such a difference in him already, he’s been here for one month and he is so full of energy now and wants to help and be active all day. I hope he is learning from us, just as much as we are learning from him. So to top off the peaceful day I put flowers in my hair and little Ramadan wanted one in his hair, so I slipped one into one of his little black curls. Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away. . .

Comments

Ben Stitzer said…
It sounded like a wonderful dream. I am so glad you had such a fantastic day. Are you taking pictures? Is there anyway you can post a picture or something...or would is that not possible?
Anonymous said…
Your day made me smile. Don't ever worry that you're not doing enough. Playing uno is an important thing. I still haven't gotten your pictures up but I hope to tonight. Give Liz a hug from me!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.