Full Circle

[I think Sonya wanted me to post this from an email she recently sent me when she discovered a music cd at the hospital that we sent the SMs a few years ago. --Andrea K.]

First I saw the sm boxes in Brock Hall and wrote a message my freshman year. Then two years later I was in Honduras craving messages, notes anything from my friends at southern. So I said to myself when I get back I am going to help get notes out to the SMs serving. The year I came back I had a HUGE push for notes, there were thousands of notes sent out to 100 missionaries all over the world. The next year I helped again to make sure the notes were getting sent out as well as start putting together the book to send out to new SMs with random things in it. Then I passed on my office space but still helped with the SM stuff. Here I am now 6 years after I started sending things to SMs and I am receiving things that I started, things I never ever intended to receive in a packet, yet things I would have wanted when I was out, so in a sense I unconsciously set these things in motion to receive. The CD that you sent out when I was the SM pres is reaching out still, it is still helping people and their relationship with God. Full circle. Can you believe it? It's a good thing we practice do unto others as you would have done unto you!

I just never imagined myself here. But I'm glad I am. And I am not really hard core, I think I was just nieve and silly to think coming here would be easy. I just live, it's not like I wanted to be hard core or to have to live a crazy hard life. I never thought I would. There are about a million-billion other missionaries living harder lives than me. Shoot, I have email [sometimes] and electricity [sometimes]. I am by no means hard core, it's all relative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.