Speedy delivery to and from Kelo. Tuesday Nov 20.

On Tuesday I decided that our packages needed to be gotten so that we could use the tasty ingredients inside Sarah/Esther’s boxes from home :o)

Early Tuesday I loaded up the empty crate/box of Liz’s that we used last time and lugged it all the way to the market. We knew for a fact that there were 3 boxes – one for each girl SM. But with this group you can never tell how many there will be. So I secured my motto and we were off. It was so fun. I’ve always loved taking out our jet skis as a kid and just going fast. Feeling the wind and sun. So of course I love going anywhere on the mottos, even if they’re a bit dodgy. I find that it always seems to increase my prayer life. . . you know, things like, “dear Lord please help my motto to not fall apart before I get back to Béré”, or “Thank you Father that all those goats and pigs got out of the way before we crashed right into them!”

I arrived in Kelo with out incident, which says a lot in comparison to our last trip into Kelo. Straight there in an hour. Once there we went to the poste and I talked with Jacob the friendly post master and as it turns out there were 6 packages to get – good thing I brought that box! So we got the boxes laded up and we went to the market. Oh I love the market! You see in Béré the big market is on Saturday and that’s our Sabbath so we don’t go. But in Kelo everyday is big market day! There is so much of everything. I saw all sorts of spices and ought some for Hans cause he loves spices and there were so many different types of cloth. So I bought one! It’s soooooo cool. I know you’ll just love it too! It has gas pump handles! Ha! I’m getting it made into a skirt for when I’m feeling a bit gassy :o) I got some more stuff for Sarah Appel and then we packet it all on our motto and blew that Popsicle stand.

I had thought I was quite snug in my seat on the way there but nope – I was quite possible to get closer to the driver. Let me give you a bit of a visual.

l – Me, l – driver, 1 – box and then when we were on our way back it was like this: l – us.

Don’t think there was a part of my front that wasn’t touching the back of the driver and I don’t think there was a part of my back that wasn’t touching the box. No personal bubbles in Africa.

The End

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.