Welcome to my Hut

I keep wanting to say Amish, but they're not they're Arabic/Muslim. And they're right outside my hut door, yup that's right, right outside my door. They got here Monday night because one of the women was discharged from the hospital and their village I guess is to far away. Anyway I thought they would only be here for a night but it's going on the 3rd night now and the Amish are still here :o) My Ama speaks Arabic so that's how come they are here. Strange part is the woman who was in the hospital was there for a C-section and her baby died. I had been inthere to help with circulation so she knew who I was. Wed morning Liz and I go for our prayer walk at 5:15ish and since they r right outside my door they know I left and when I got back they asked me (with are amazing African signlanguage) where I was. So I told them I went to pray to Allah, of course using my African sign language.

A perk to having them here is I'm awake early because I hear them, outside my hut gets swept every day and I get to be lulled to sleep by them talking outside my hut as well.

Yesterday a few more women got here. One is very young and beautiful. She's also a mother, but I don't think she can be more than 19 or so. I was taking pictures of their donkeys outside our gate and I decided to show them the pics and they loved it. Then because I'm not able to take their pictures - their preference - I taught them how to take pictures, hoping to get some cool shots of them. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see how long they'll be camp out here. Till then, "To Allah be the glory".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.