Where I am

Last night over at Anne and Richard’s house was so great. We were all realized and contend. Anne fixed some pizza with real cheese! James and Sarah had brought it with them from somewhere when they came back from Kosa, Cameroon. Richard then recounted his and Anne’s story :o) it’s a good one. But I loved how he was able to include God in it and I loved and agreed completely with text: Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalms 37. That’s why a relationship with God is so important. Your hearts desires will be God’s desires if you have a good close relationship with God. I’ve found in Psalms 73 where it says, “Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire you more than anything on earth.” If we desire Him then His will for us will be come our will. On top of all the conversations about love’s beginnings and all I felt so content and at peace with where I am. I am happy being here in Tchad. I am very happy with who God is creating me to be right now. As I sat on the couch next to Liz singing songs I smiled because I’m having the adventure of my life. God’s been bale to use me in ways I never thought possible. Then later on the way back to the hospital, as I was sitting in the back of the truck feeling the crisp night air on my skin and the giggles erupt from my throat I looked up at the clear night sky with the bazillion night stars and just smiled because of the peace God has given me. It’s a peace of knowing I’m right where God wants me. He is working on my here in Béré and that’s great. God is good. Life is good. I might be in the middle of the refiner’s painful fire – but it’s where God is and I’m with Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.