Dance, Dance, Dance

That’s what my famil did last night. And I enjoyed every min of it. Nano wanted to listen to Topouri music last night on my cassette tape player. So we did and of course we listened to some good dancing music.

They all said I danced well – so HA! SDA bad rhythm and white girl syndrome. They were joking and saying, “Oh, Sonya you’ve been to Fianga [their village]” and in translating the song Ama said it said, “Sonya dances well, welcome Sonya to Fianga”. I told them it was because I live with people from Fianga and I eat their food. We all laughed and danced some more.

While I was dancing I thought about Adventist and how as a church they don’t encourage dancing. I’m not sure what our local church things but to me being there with my famil under the stars dancing to music on an old cassette tape by the glow of a lantern I knew Jesus would have done the exact same. At that time it was all about a relationship with them, about knocking down barriers there will be time for doctrine later. Just for now I’ll dance with a family I have come to love so deeply in only 4 months that the thought of not seeing them again in Heaven is overwhelming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.