Four months

Four months tomorrow. I can’t decide if that’s a long time or not :o)

A day or so ago I watched the livestock network again. It was called Fowl Play. The chickens were everywhere. They were searching for food but in the process they would get angry at each other. The mother hen would cluck and peck at any other chick that came close to her chickens. The “teenage” chicks would pick random fights with each other. When they did they would circle each other then run at each other and chest butt/claw at each other then repeat. Chickens are strange yet tasty. . . I’ve had more poultry since being here than I think ever in my life –maybe.

On Sunday I helped pluck a pentad- guinea fowl and watched Ama heat it to get all the feathers out – which are amazing to look at and see how they grow. Then I helped her cut it so she could prep it for the sauce. Not to bad tasting either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.