Tuesday 18/12

Sometimes I’m a little scared. I feel God calling me to be a prayer warrior here. Constantly I see a need and feel a pull. The millions of kids that need to see Jesus and know true love. Those who work at the hospital, our plan for a VBS/FLAG (Fun Learning About God) camp in the spring, my kids and famil, Liz, Hans, Esther, where God is leading me here in Béré, and after. Not to mention all my friends at the hospital. Esrom—the first person I’ve ever given any form of Christian literature to all because He wanted something to occupy his time. He is now reading Steps to Christ in French and he loves it! All of the people I’m communicating with back home. I feel a huge fear because I don’t know how to do this. I’ve stopped getting up so early – well at least not at 4:45 anymore and the early mornings aren’t always regular. I know God can provide but prayer is a big deal. And sometimes well, a lot I’m afraid I won’t do it or I’ll just fail. Forgive me my self doubt. Give me strength.

I don’t know why I don’t stay home more often in the afternoons. So much fun! We went to the hospital for flowers to plant in my African English garden then we watered the garden. Then Clarice and Twi wanted to go out to the champ so always up for an adventure with my kids off we went. . . We had a blast.We played a bit of hide and seek with the tall grass that devides the champs then we all ran around with Mowgli. Then swari and I layed on some rice hay (rice stalks that had all the rice beaten off of it) whilethe other kids got fruit snacks from nearby trees. When we got home I bowled/showered off to get all the crazy hay off me after Clarice asked me a question that made me feel like the parent that works to much. She asked me where I had to go this evening. I was thankful I was able to say nowhere. After my shower I introduced my famil to a game that has been a fave since childhood.

Comments

Anonymous said…
If we did not feel inadequate with prayer, there would be little worth praying for. Just remember, God is bigger than our intentions, our faith, feelings or measurements of how our spiritual journey is going. And keep praying.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.