Toilet Paper

In my time in other countries I have had my fair share of toilet protocol. In Honduras I had to put my used tp (toilet paper) in the trash to burn later. When I first got here, to Tchad, I was very excited to learn that I did not have to. Then I found out I was going to use a hole in the ground, but now I have come to enjoy the squat position ;o) But as of most recently I have not enjoyed the rationing of tp. I am quite frankly sick and tired of having to ration two squares for one event and a few more for the other event. We four SMs having gone to Cameroon brought back with us a nice lovely souvenir, Gerardia. Hans first, then shortly there after Esther, then after they were done Liz (#2 for her) and with each case a lot of tp has been used. Poop! That means we need more! But being the bush where nobody uses tp on a regular bases, when they can use the mango tree or water, we have to go to a neighboring town to get some. I just want to be able to pull the tp and not feel guilty for using more than two squares! Is this to much to ask!!!! I wouldn’t even mind if I couldn’t flush it or if it felt like construction paper I just want more squares! I long for the day when I can go to a bathroom and use without thinking about it. I know that when I get home I will have to buy for myself and to me tp has always represented being an adult because of the importance of having some in the house. You can go a while without having food in your house, just go out and eat, but if you don’t have tp and you gotta go, well you gotta go! So being here in Tchad I know that I am an adult because I must buy my own, but I am adult who just wants some tp! I know I am ranting and raving for nothing and I am just wanting to express myself but I have my own reasons – because now I have Gerardia and I just want more squares to use!

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey Sonya,
just wanted to encourage you and let u know that I am praying for you. i think that you and liz are doing a great job over there. be encouraged! have faith b/c God IS USING YOU, even when it's hard to see it...anyway, i'm inspired by you all. keep on keeping on. the Lord be with you :)
Anonymous said…
That last comment was from me, Emily Baldwin, hehe :)
Anonymous said…
That last comment was from me, Emily Baldwin, hehe :)
Anonymous said…
Sonya,
Like ET we would like you to "call home". Please let us know how you are and when you will be leaving Chad. Doesn't sound real safe right now.
Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.