I give it Two thumbs up and * * * * * stars

With Stan’s arrival came a long awaited present from Andrea. It was a video she had put together for me. She originally sent it the day after Christmas in box that has yet to show it’s face around here. The video included things from all around Southern and a whole hoop-la of friends from back there. Right away when Stan gave it to me Saturday night I watched it. It was lovely, it was so fun to watch the people I love back home! I laughed I cried I was moved :o). I think even if most everyone didn’t know the people in the video, they enjoyed it too. Secretly I had plans on watching the video at least a couple hundred times before I would be tired of it.

Since I had known about the video I had talked about it to my famil back at my hut. So the following night I got out the corn kernels and onion salt to whip up a batch of popcorn with my famil, cooked over a coal fire in a wire basket (the thing they always use for cooking) then we all sat down together and ate popcorn and watched a movie that the only words they understood were, “Hi Sonya, Hello Sonya” and “Goodbye Sonya”. But they LOVED it! They loved seeing all the people and listening to the words and they knew who Andrea was because she had called me and I told them about her. Then they laughed with me when we saw Brandon in the show, and him running with a ‘spear’ at his roommate. We had so much fun watching and eating. In fact they liked it so much I saw Swari (the youngest at 4) re-enacting the scene where Brandon throws the spear a day or so later. It was a riot!!

To all those of you at Southern Adventist University who were part of my Christmas video that I received after Valentines day –Thank YOU! You made my day, week and month. I will treasure your witty comments for life :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.