25th Birthday

I had a great 25th birthday!

Bonnie, our only female horse gave birth sometime before 7 am on the 22nd of April, my birthday!!! It’s so cute! I took a picture of it then Esther emailed it to James and Sarah. Sarah called almost right away so she could get the scoop on him.

Then in the evening Hans, Monica, the dental asst, and I went to visit Levi. He’s the chofure (driver I hate spelling French). It was so nice; we ate beef, rice, my fav salad –cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. We drank tea and milk; hmmm it was all so good and relaxing. A lovely birthday dinner.

Then for our party we went down to Bendalay to eat raspberry crumble and salsa with chips. The raspberry crumble was a backpacking meal that Liz donated for the party. We played African pictionary where everyone wrote 5 things to draw from Tchad. We had a blast. They all chipped in to buy me an Arab dress made in the market. I love it! I had no idea that that was what they were going to get me. I love it, I just need to go get it made a smidge bigger and fix the broken zipper. I’m going to buy some plastic shoes to go with it :o) I’m going to have the coolest outfit! When I get up to N’Djamena I’ll buy an Arab wrap to go with it.

The day after my birthday was fun too because Liz and Esther worked at 5am with Bond on surgeries so by 9ish they were done and they were at the house all day long with the dental team. So it was a lot like a Sunday, having so many people at the house. I loved it too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.