This is It

Well this is it. There’s just tomorrow left here in Bere. Today I went to give the TB meds and Anatole already was. So no hospital work for me today. So I came home to get started on my henna. I’ve hennaed my feet :o) I’ve wanted to ever since my good friend Terri Lynn had hers done when she left Mali after a year there. So my ama volunteered to do it for me. It’s a long process, hours of just sitting. But I’m rather glad for it. I get to sit here with my famil for 5 or 6 hours. What a great day it will be.

So I’ve been sitting here remembering things like the time I played in the field with all the neighbor kids teaching them fun American games. Or the time my famil was trying to teach me/ask me if I wanted to shower. Or the night we danced out under the stars. Je suis eh bloque. I’m blocked. Another memory of a drunken proposing fisherman.

Really couldn’t ask for a better last Sunday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
SONYA! I absolutely CANNOT wait for you to come home! I heard through the orphanage grapevine that you will be staying with us for a few days. This is so exciting! -Jordan
Anonymous said…
Hola mi ormiguita!!!! estoy tan feliz que estas bien de salud y que ayas cumplido otro ano de vida.

te extranamos muchisimo. disfruta de tu tiempo en europa con tu mami.

con mucho amor

tia sole
Unknown said…
Oh Sonya,
I'm sure you're oh so sad about leaving your new home, but I'm so happy to know you'll be coming home to us safe and sound soon. Here's a drunken proposal from you (although I'm not actually drunk). Would you be a bridesmaid for me? I know it's a little last minute but I could really need you. Don't worry about the dress just tell me your size and I'll have it in Vegas for you. Please, please, please tell m eyou're still coming. Hope I hear from you soon. Lots of love my friend.

Lubbiedubbies,
Simone

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.