Leaving the capital

The day was a long one because the plane didn't leave until 11:15 so there's wait. We (the Dentist, Dr Ekvall, and his Asst, Monica and Esther and I) were picked up at 8ishby Levi, Andre and Deighbe.THen Ann and Rich met us at the airport. We finally all said good bye and Ann and Rich went with us to the final good bye gate to makes sure we all made it okay. ON the way to the airport I sat in the back of the truck with Deghiebe for my last good truck ride like a missionary.
Once we had passed the last gate there was another guard to check my ticket and passport and again for the almost last time I was asked about marriage to a Tchadian man and why I hadn't chosen one. . . I guess now that I'm back I'll have to get used to not getting any marriage proposeals. . . The people checking us in didn't even really care about our luggage weight! But I'll have you know I was technically under.
Once in the waiting room we FROZE!!! Esther and I had to put on all we had with us to stay warm. I am certain I looked like a gipsy. I was wearing my colorful headwrap around my braids, I had my long green sleve shirt on that was holey and streched out from hand washing, I was wearing my gasoline skirt and had my teva's on with hena on my feet! I was a hippie from America traveling across the deserts of Africa fighting for peace. . . well that's what I looked like.
While waiting Esther and I were scoping out the other passangers which the majority of them just happened to be Sweedish Marines :o) We were no longer emotionaly crushed that we couldn't sit next to each other :o) I hoped I would get someone I could talk to because it had been a long time since I talked to someone close in my age of the oposite sex in a long time. God heard my request because I got to sit next to Andreas (Andrew) on the flight and we talked a long time. He even gave me his blanket and extra socks so I could stay warm. Those Sweeds are great! Thank the Lord for sending me a friend to sit next to! Plus he's back in Tchad and I can get Rebel updates.
I ended up sleeping a little bit on the plane and when we arrived in Paris I was ready to start the European adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.