A lesson in Snow:


It's funny because where I come from the now melts the next day. All Sabbath my heart had a small fear/sinking feeling that it was gonig to all melt away. (not that over 2 feet of snow can melt in one night) I saw it dripping from the iceicles and was down hearted. Never fear I was reasured by those around me that it would not melt away because was still quite cold outside. In fact it snowed last night again. The winter wonderland is continuing! Haza!


To me it feels like I could make an object lesson out of this. God is what North-West snow is to a girl from the South. To me I have had a sinking fear the first few days that all this magic would just disapear. I was afraid that it would be gone the next time I looked out this window. I was worried that I would miss it all. But I was judging that on my past experience of snow in the South. Not snow in the North-West. I also have judged God based on past expereinces with people who are not GOD, where they have let me down, hurt me and dissapointed me. But that is not God, God will always be there the next day, He will stick around forever. I am moving past that fear of Him leaving me because I'm not perfect, I am wakeing up day after day and realizing that He is with me for the long haul. God is like the North-West snow, Here for a long time :o)

Comments

Sarah said…
Spectacular pictures! C'est tres bon! See you in 2 days!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.