The arctic tundra

I made it safe and sound. No plane delays, no lay overs! I've entered a winter wonderland. The plane was flying over the mountans covered with snow and we started out desent. As we entered a cloud, I thought to myself when I leave the cloud it will be like waking up in a Christmas card. Sure enough I've woken up and here I am!

Liz's family is great. They are all fun and caring. Friday night was very relaxing. Liz and I have been catching up and sharing stories. I'm sure we will relive a few over the next few days. I must say, it's colder here than it EVER was in Tchad :O)

I'm learning so much about snow! If it's really cold, below 32`, the snow is fine and light and not compactable for making snowmen. If it's really, really cold it can't snow at all! Below zero = no snow!

I went to church yesterday the snow was beautiful. There's a large section of no trees, so there were miles of white, rolling hills spotted with colourful houses and cars. I enjoyed the sermon. Pastor Ken Whetmore talked about looking at the people who were ready for Christ comming the first time. I would like to be like Anna, minus the husband's death after 7 years of marraige.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have fun in the snow! Miss you muches. Merry Christmas and have a safe flight to Spokane!
Andrea said…
Did you know that Ken Wetmore used to go to the GCA church? Maybe you already knew that. Anyway, sounds like winter wonderland is all that you dreamed and more. I laid outside this afternoon in the sunshine in about 58 degrees. At least we had the gift of sunshine for a day between lots of rain. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.