revolution

Mid-week ideas are hard to come by. I've used two so far. The first one was about Waiting. We called it "In the Waiting Room" it wasn't very popular. I guess no one wants to talk about waiting for God to work in their life. It's a hard topic to admit to. I struggled with the same concept myself until last year.
My second topic was about stress. Apparantly students love to identify with stress. So my second week I had about 30 kids in there. I had gone from 2 people to 30! It went well but wasn't my passion yet.
Well at Prayer Conf in FL at Camp Kulaqua, Troy Fitzgerald really inspired me to do something active for mid-week. So this time my topic is Revolution. I want to change the world now, start now. No more just talk I want to change my life now and to do so start a revolution. I want the students to see the power in acting for Christ and start a revolution in their life which will create a revolution on our campus. It's big and I think we can do it. I've started another blog at gcarevolution.blogspot.com where the students can talk about the things they are doing to revolt against the norms. This last week I had 5 students and they were excited about it. Our goal this week is to simply share a Bible text with someone to encourage them or let them know they are not alone. Inshahalla.

Comments

Andrea said…
Revolutionize away, my friend. I'm pretty sure that's what you're made for. Blessings upon you and your GCAers.

P.S. I just hung up from talking to you on my screenless phone. :)
Anonymous said…
Check out www.therebelution.com
Order their book, "Do Hard Things"
also video of last years conference tour
We've been blessed, inspired, motivated - think you will be also.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.