The wild wild west. . . of campus

So on Friday Kim Hunt, wife of a faculty member asked me if I wanted to go for a horse ride on the back trails to see where the river has flooded due to the NON stop rain we've had. I, being from Texas said, "Shoot, yeah!" So around 10:45 we made our way on the trails. Me ridding Tony a good sized horse and Kim ridding a taller horse. While out on our adventure we got to wade the horses through some fun river puddles just to get out to the river. We followed the river for quite a while. Then we turned to follow the trail back around behind the faculty homes and started to wade again through the "puddle rivers" but what was just wading before soon became sloshing, then I had to pull my feet back up behind me on the saddle to keep them dry. Soon however it was evident that I was going to have to get my feet wet to keep Tony going. Then not only were my feet wet but my calves, then my thighs and when we came to a 'ditch' my waist also became wet! We were forging a river! It was SPECTACULAR! The horses were great, we were wet and Kim and I had the time of our lives re-living the wild wild west :o)


We only wish we had a camera. If we had this is a bit what it would have looked like. Only imagine in a trail through the woods and no where to go but forward!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You lucky cowgirl!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.