the weekend of Valantines

This weekend is what many people would call a bad, horrible awful no good holiday. I beg to differ and no I'm not dating, looking, or desperately crazy. In fact I had such a nice weekend living in the moment enjoying all the love that the people in my world have to offer. I felt the love of Maria and her family as they took me in and we all feasted together. Then again in the afternoon when they seemed truly interested in my stories and photos from Tchad. I felt the love from my friends as we broke fast on Saturday and Sunday. They didn't have to get together so early to hang out.

I'm not quite sure what happened to me so that I am not bitter, lonely or even depressed. I guess over the last year and a half I have simply learned to let God's love be enough. I'm no longer the girl who feels that life must give her what she wants and sees as best. In fact I guess I'm the girl that is aware of God in her life and has come to understand that I just might not understand His timing but why worry. So I've taken to embracing life and running with it.

I've learned to take joy in the small things. I love hanging out with my students, thinking of crazy things to do, dreaming about what job I'll have next and simply living in the moment.

If you had come to me in my senior year of college (either of the two years) and told me I would have a job that's contract is expiring in 3 months, I would be single, unsure of where I will be in a matter of months and that I would be OKAY with it. I would not have understood who you were talking about. But it IS me. A year ago, before I left for Tchad I wrote that "I would learn a lot about patience" I never realized how true it would be. It has been an up and down battle to say the least! Alas I'm sure it's not over, but look how far I've come! I love Valantines day! I'm loving my job, I love not knowing! Ha!

Comments

Andrea said…
Yeah, take that, world. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.