happy thoughts.

Last night was the Junior/Senior Banquet. The theme was Masquerade. It was great because several of the girls wanted to come to my room to get ready, they decided to watch a movie as they got ready. I was very content as that was happening because it is basically what I wanted all year. I just wanted students to come to my room, hang out and relax.
While I didn't go to the food part I did go to the movie part. It was The Scarlet Pimpernel. I love that movie. The first time I saw that movie was last year in Tchad. I remember watching it on a Sat night. The generator was on to pump water. Then as I was watching last night I remembered the part where the generator shut off and we had to finish it later or maybe on a laptop comp. Either way it was a delight to watch it again and this time all the way through, even if it was a really late night.

This is my last weekend here at GCA. I can't believe the year is over. I imagined this weekend but never realized it would be here so soon. I'm sad to leave not just because I have had to pack up all my worldly possessions again but because I truly have grown to love the students and life here. I knew I would enjoy my year but I didn't realize it would be this much. So here's to one last weekend of fun and supervision!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You're a good bloomer wherever you're planted. I'm glad you've had a good year.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.