subbing


ahh, the joys of teaching a class that is not really yours. Wait, there are not many joys. It's like babysitting a very large family for only 45 min. Ohh, maybe you could say that it is like speed babysitting! Sitting for large families an hour at a time for 7 hours! Yeah, that's it! Some have big well behaved families, others have big immature families. And on top of all that it's a bit underpaid. Shoot, this is the life.

Okay, it's not all that bad. I do like playing good cop and letting them out early sometimes or being bad cop and keeping them in until the bell rings. Hehe. I run a tight ship, I make them wait until after I have prayer and worship before I let them leave to go get a drink or use the bathroom. I tell them sure the other teacher might let them do that but I'm Chaplain Sonya not Mrs So-and-so. They might think it's mean but I do it so I can know who is in the class and who needs to be marked absent.

One time I was asked to sub a pre-calculus class. Woow, glad I wasn't introducing a new topic. It was a class that the two students had to get up and teach the class. I stood in the back of the room and looked very confused. I wasn't even trying to understand the concept but I got confused just on the words they were using. It was a whole other world!

There have been times when I was asked to sub a teachers whole load for the day. Not to bad I certainly realize I don't want to be a teacher as much as I want to be a chaplain.

There are also some teachers who are better to sub for than others. The nice kind of teacher gives you EVERYTHING you will need to sub their class. A play by play of what will happen. Everything from attendance to the button to push so you can start the video that is already queued up to play. Ahh, those are the fun classes.

I have also subbed for a couple teachers in one day. 9 classes in one day. I read the entire book of Ella Enchanted just while subbing classes. I've had time to hang out on myspace, facebook, shoot even lasonya.blogspot.com. . .. which is where I am right now. That's right I am subbing a test in Gov't class. They are almost all done. So I guess this is it from the land of a subbing chaplain.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sub away. hehe, get it? Subway? I'm sure you are a great substitute.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.