Dallas

The joys of traveling through Dallas.
Here I am again on the next leg of my summer journeys. I find myself comfortably surrounded by "my people". To quote a common Texas phrase, "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could". I arrived, according to my folks, at 11 months to the great state of Texas.

When going through security here at Dallas Love Field, the woman in front of me was a Texas business woman and dressed as such, a silver theme consisting of heels (but not the stiletto, a nice solid Texas look) silver bangles, necklace, earrings jacket and skirt with a white lacy tank-top/blouse. Her hair was big but not over the top crazy Texas big. And then the businessman behind me handed me a tub for security and said, "Here sugar." Once on the other side of security I was putting my cowboy boots back on and I felt at home and a part of "my people" because he also had to put his boots back on.
While sitting here in the terminal I've seen a fair share of cowboy hats, boots, belt-buckles. Tall women and rough men.

Yehaw, and God Bless Texas.

Comments

Andrea said…
I was born in Texas, but left as soon as I could. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.