I rush so I can wait.

What a night/day/morning! I rushed to catch my Minnesota flight. Crammed my backpack under my seat, bumped my head sitting down and arrive in Minnesota to find out I have to go on a long journey. At least the directions to get to the other airport/terminal were given to me in English. . . four moving sidewalks, find ground transportation, Humphrey terminal, outside airport, check back in . . .so confusing. Luckily a nice lady who worked there and was on her way home walked me to the public transportation train ( a subway) that would take me to the other ‘terminal’. Then I had to walk to through a really long car garage dragging my carry on suitcase with me. I tried to hurry because I had no idea what time it was and I didn’t want to miss my flight to Iceland. I must have actually been walking quite slow because when I started through the garage I was in front of all the other passengers, then they all (5) passed me up! So I’m the last person in line at Iceland air to get my boarding pass through to Oslo. Six people ahead of me the computer crashes! I figure that’s okay because they plane won’t leave a whole group of passengers. Finally they give us just a gate pass and we check in and get our seat assignment at the gate. Arriving in time to stand off to the side text a few people before my phone died and get on the plane.
In Iceland I had to follow the crowd to go through European Customs. Apparently they wanted to x-ray all my stuff to make sure I was okay to enter Europe? Again I had no idea what time it was and if I was going to be late for my flight at a gate I had no idea where it was and no ticket yet to get on it. I tell the agent I was going to be there for a few months (no problems getting in Europe :0). I go find my gate (almost 7 something am local time) get a ticket and went to look for some food because I didn’t want to pay 6 DOLLARS for a veggie wrap ALMOST the size of a burrito. So I bought a can of mixed nuts and chocolate for breakfast. Thinking that perhaps there might be something to the duty free thing. I was wrong. There is no perk to it. I paid for pure gold, $10.61 for a medium can of mixed nut and a large bar of raisin/hazelnut chocolate! I walked to my gate in time to see everyone already in line and getting on the plane. No time to open my nuts. I get on and eat some nuts. Finally after all that rushing I arrive in Oslo. I rush to get out of the plane find the luggage belt and wait for it to arrive (had a bit of trouble with that because my luggage is new and I kept forgetting what it looked like). It arrived I haul it all on the cart and was off to find Erin and go home.

Comments

Elisa said…
I am so glad you made it. Did we ever discuss how Northern Europe is expensive?

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.