The Lord's Supper

A couple weeks ago we had the Lord’s Supper at church. We were not at the Skotselv church because of plans to go up to Fredhiem (the health treatment part of the foundation in a town 30 min away). The church wasn’t planning on having so many guest, they knew we were coming but then several other visitors who were on holiday came through as well. We had a beautiful full service.
I’ve always enjoyed the renewing of my covenant with God during those services. I have so many special memories connected with that service. I remember my first time that I took the bread and juice, I remember as a child staying back during the foot washing service and hearing a children’s story, I remember being at the Student Missions retreat and sharing the service with my fellow first time SMs. I also remember the Sabbath where the real meaning finally hit me, that Jesus gave up so much for me. I remember last year at GCA walking upfront as an Elder in the church to help read and pass out the flat bread and juice.
So many memories tied to that service. I wonder what it will be like the first Sabbath we are all in Heaven and Jesus gathers all of us together and we listen to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit not read the scripture but tell us the scripture because it was so real to them. I can’t wait to partake of that memory. Can you imagine the emotion that we will feel when Jesus takes a drink of the wine? He is waiting to partake of it until we can be with him. Oye, I can’t wait. Come Lord Jesus come!

Comments

Andrea said…
Wow, kinda gives me goose bumps. That will be an awesome moment for sure!
Miss Jehle said…
Do you all get to drink out of the same cup in Norway? That's a communion memory I'll never forget..

But maybe that's how we'll do it in Heaven. And that would be pretty sweet - either a really huge cup or one that never runs out!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.