my date.

I am taking a moment to sit down and write. As I sit here I am waiting for my date to be ready. Yup, I’ve been here for two weeks. Two weeks of intense learning curve for my job. I’ve struggled to understand WHAT IN THE WORLD I’m supposed to do. I’ve tried to grasp and put into practice the things I have learned at my various jobs and from my various classes. But as it always is when you start a new job –it’s rough. I’ve decided I will work here for the rest of my life so this date better be a keeper. This way I will never have to learn a new job, ahh, it would be so much better than having to be the new person who doesn’t understand anything about their job. All these stressors are what lead up to tonight and my date, did I mention that my date is HOT. I didn’t think so, might just be the hottest date I’ve ever had.

You might be wondering how this date came about, well let me tell you. I needed to get out and stretch my legs and let my mind relax. So a walk is what I decided on. I, being an extrovert, didn’t exactly want to go by myself because I didn’t want to end up thinking about work my entire walk. So I asked my friend Tzveta if she wanted to go with me and my other friend Anja came also. We started off on our walk and saw such beautiful things. It had been raining all day and the mountains were “smoky” like our Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. The fog was thick and it was as if we were in another world. We could see to the edge of the un harvested wheat field, un harvested due to the exorbient amounts of rain we’ve had this last month. The trees were topped off with misty fog and the paths were wet with the recent rain. We took a little road up the mountain a bit and it turned into an unpaved drive with the two ruts for the tires, that lead to someone’s house. At the quaint house we turned and went up the path that lead to the Forrest, un daunted by the wet path we journeyed onward. The woods were so magical in it’s beauty. As my friend Zoran would say, “It’s so romantic” and it truly was. The rocks were gently covered with moss and the shiny rain. The trees were glittering from the wet rain that had gently fallen. I was captivated by it’s beauty at every bend and turn in the road. I couldn’t get enough of it. I had to stop many times to soak it all in. It was like every storybook had described, it was like every magical movie come to life. It was difficult to not let my imagination go wild. All to soon we were back on the main road that leads to the school and our journey would quickly be over. As we started back on that road the sky cleared and the sun popped out for a few minutes to clear away all the fog that had captivated my imagination moments before. We looked back up at the mountains and saw how clear it had become. The journey that we had taken was especially for us, it was a gift from God, a glimpse into another world, had we been any later we would have missed it. I was so lucky to be able to share it with my new friends. We soon found ourselves back at the school, which is where my date comes in . . . Tzveta had gone shopping earlier in the day and gotten some treats, which included cookies and dried fruit. . . .which at the end of the walk she gave to me. . . which had dates in it. . . which I have taken home and put in hot water . . . and now I’m waiting for. So you see, it might not be Sven come to steal me away after all but instead it is a simple hot date meant to make you smile :o)

Comments

kessia reyne said…
tricking people sounds fun, but eating a date steeped in hot water does not.
Nicholas said…
remember when you and i went the Valentine's banquet at southern? you gave me dates. in a completely unrelated note, it's national single's week at camp Mivoden.
Andrea said…
since when did you start eating your hot dates? no wonder you are single. :) (I can say that...because i am single, and I eat my dates...kidding..maybe...)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.