To whom it may concern:

Dear creators of Skype,
I can’t thank you enough for creating free video conferencing. It has helped me survive these last few months here at my new home in Norway. I can call family and friends and share a few words and looks. It’s amazing what a few faces can do to help lift moods.

I have been able to eat supper/lunch/breakfast with people in California, Tennessee and Texas. I have been able to see every bite of a luscious looking corn on the cob, watch my friend cook her loaf in the microwave and sip tea with my kindred spirits thousands of miles away. Using Skype has helped me to bridge the gap of too many miles.
Most recently I have been blessed with the opportunity to worship with my old friends in California as they had their morning staff worship. I was able to listen to their prayer requests and then take them to our Heavenly Father in prayer. How amazing is that? I was able to feel like I was sitting right along side Derek as he gave the worship thought. I was able to ask Ryan how is mom was. I felt like I was there.

Skype has meant so much to me these last few months. I wish I could thank you enough for what you have given me. I wish I understood how the whole thing worked. I remember watching Back to the Future II and watching Marty McFly get fired while video conferencing with his boss, I never thought I would actually get to play with the same type of program. I never thought I would be living Back to the Future, but I guess I am.
So if you ever need a face of Skype, a representative of sorts please look me up and call me. I would love to help. Thank you for your ever giving gift.

Your biggest fan,
Sonya Reaves

Comments

Rachel said…
I love you Sonya Fae Reaves!
Andrea said…
Was that my loaf in the microwave? :)
Anthony said…
What a blessing for us to not have you so far away.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.