Hopefully soon to be home.

Never thought I would be so excited to see Norway and hear Norwegian. The train trip back home has been long and . . . well long. You se I've had a dream of going to the WORLDS FIRST IKEA since I was first in Scandinavia. To go to Älmhult, Sweden was a dream. When I found out I was doing a recruiting trip through Scandinavia and had one extra day on my ticket I knew where I would use it. So early monday morning we started our pilgrimage to Älmhult.

It was magical. I was inspired, impassioned and invredibly exausted :O) A dream come true for me.

It really is quite an IKEA town -- hotel, resturant, the store and conference center/offices. It's a cute town. Reminded me of Mayberry. At the train station we asked the ticket lady for help (after we picked up our stuff that they watched behind the counter for free) to plan our return journey with the hopes of not having to get a hotel for the night. So instead we got a night train and this is what it was: (current time almost 4 pm)
4:45 train to Hosselhom (or something like that) arrive 5:50
11:53 train to somewhere till 5:23 am
6;23 train to somewhere till 8ish
then train to Oslo then train to Hokksund then car home!!!

We are on the last leg now and hope to arrive at home around 1ish. We'll see! We've crossed over into Norway and everything is beautiful and covered in snow!

Comments

Andrea said…
I hope Donnie and Rachel read this. They would be jealous. I guess I'm just not yet domesticated enough to be jealous.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.