Friday Night

It´s a friday night and I am sitting here in my friend, Rocio´s flat in Tyrifjord, the Norwegian Adventist high school. It is so great being an Adventist. You really have family all over the world. I met Rocio at a conference in Oslo last September. She invited me out to the school any time I wanted to and by golly I have taken her up on that offer. So here I am with my relatively new friend making even more new friends :o) Can life get any better. . . I think not!

I´ll take more pictures tomorrow but let me describe what I see around me. The school is on a peninsula and it´s beautiful here. The fjord is actually no longer a fjord but the 4th largest lake in Norway. At one point in time it was a fjord but a town a few kilometers away dammed it up or something and now it is a ginormous lake.

There is a field between the two dorms where they play soccer. . . OH! Excuse me, football. Though there is lots of snow it has not dampened their spirits they still play on the snow giving the area a very cool effect of a cloud. So really when I stood between the two buildings I felt as if I was standing on a cloud, the school is located on a cloud! How cool is that! It´s like being a care bear!

I´ll take more pictures tomorrow and let you know how my time goes. Until then if you met a fellow Adventist for the first time, take them home, feed them and make a new friend in Christ.

Comments

Stella said…
I use to think that clouds were made of cotton candy. I love care bears! It sounds like it's a beautiful place!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.