AWOL



Last Thursday night when I went to bed I called for Duplicat and he was a no go. So I figured he was all tucked in for the night under my porch. Then when I didn't leave for Scotland on Friday, I called for him again that night . . . again he was a no go. I realized perhaps he was just out running around, sowing his wild seeds for the weekend a little bitter that I was going to be gone again. When he didn't show up all weekend I started getting a little worried. I had been given reports that people had seen him, but I knew in fact they had actually seen the mom cat, not in fact Duplicat.

I had been getting in the habit every morning to yell out my door, "DUPLICAT, HERE KITTY" but alas, nothing. I would repeat the same thing in the evening. Nothing. Hmmm. Where could that cat be?

I found myself on Monday wondering where and when Duplicat was going to return again. I was afraid that perhaps something had happened and a normally kind, quite Norwegian had gone CRAZY on him. I then started wondering where he had wondered off to and who was a better owner than me!?

Then after lunch today, I was on my porch standing in the sun when off in the distance I heard a yell. Someone had yelled, "DUPLICAT" and I saw a white fur ball running as if his tail was on fire towards my house! Duplicat was coming home. Then I looked to see where he had come from and I saw Dominic, a normally quite German, standing on top of some giant metal container with his arms in the air. He had heard a tiny meow and went to investigate, and found a crazy cat stuck in there! So Duplicat came home, smelling a bit stinky and being a bit scared of the world.

This evening after work we headed out to take a hike up the mountain across from my flat and guess who was so people lonely that he decided to come? That's right, Duplicat. My crazy cat decided to be with people because he missed people contact. He climbed the whole way up the mountain and followed closely with us the whole time. I can't believe he went on a mountain hike, what a cat! He would even lead the way sometimes.

My cat rocks. Period.

Comments

kessia reyne said…
Wow. Your cat DOES rock.
Megan said…
Aw, I'm jealous... reminds me of several cats I've had in the past... missin' my boys. You've got yourself a great cat! :)
Rachel said…
He is the best! I'm jealous too!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.