It only takes a spark. . .

Yesterday we had a bonfire vespers to end the Sabbath. It was nice because it was the same way we opened the school year, with fire and singing and God. It was our last Sabbath together with the students before the dedication service on Friday of next week officially ending the school year. Memories were as thick in the air as the smoke from the burning leaves we put on the fire.

We were all sitting closely to the fire as it is still cool outside, Dominic was playing the guitar, Philip holding the key book book and the rest of us were sharing stories and requesting songs. At one point someone commented on the buds of the trees, and I commented on the fire, soon I was reminded of this old song from my elementary school days. So we sang, Pass It On.

Before you read the words, think about this: you have just gone through the longest winter of your life, the sun didn't shine, you only saw white for over 4 months and it's been so cold you had to wear lots of clothes to bed.

The words are now new and fresh, they are real, they speak the truth about my time here. I want to pass on the things I've come to learn, I want to share with others my experiences with God, I want to shout it from the mountain tops! Praise God!

I hope you can see them in a new light too.

It only takes a spark to get a fire going
And soon all those around can warm up to its glowing.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone,
You want to pass it on.

What a wondrous time is spring when all the trees are budding;
The birds begin to sing, the flowers start their blooming.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it, you want to sing, it's fresh like spring,
You want to pass it on.

I wish for you, my friend, this happiness that I've found.
You can depend on Him, it matters not where you're bound.
I'll shout it from the mountain top, (praise God!)
I want the world to know,
the Lord of love has come to me,

I want to pass it on.
-Kurt Kaiser, 1969

Comments

kessia reyne said…
Awwwww. That's the stuff memories are made of!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.