hope

Hope is a funny thing.

I have hope.
I want my hope to come to pass and no longer be a hope but to be a reality.

Where does God fit in that?

Jesus asked his Father to take this cup of suffering from him.
Only if it's what God wanted.

I want my hope, but only if it's what God wants.
Only the hard part is, it's what I hope God wants.

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12.2

I want to be thinking the way God thinks.
I do see a difference in His ways vs the worlds ways.

So this is how to hope?
I let go of this hope, and focus on God.

I'm giving this hope to God.
I'm learning to wait and hope in God.

"So be brave and courageous all you who put your hope in the Lord" Psalms 31.24

If He's working in me on this journey
I will find myself wanting the same goals.
Hoping for the same goals?
Hoping for the same hope?

A friend said it's because we wait that we can hope.
So I'll continue to wait.

I will live and obey and love and belive right here.

I'm not sure on the outcome.
I don't know.

I only know I hope.
I dream and I pray.



Comments

ReneEss said…
I'm there too Sonya. Love ya, mig ven!
Jessi Jo said…
moi aussi! I spend lots of time these days hoping.

wishin and hopin and thinkin and prayin...
Andrea said…
And it's because we hope that we can wait. Hang in there, hoper. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.