Go West My Daughters.


Dear diary,

Today was a day beyond all days. The sun came out finally after several hours of hiding, can you believe it? We finally had several hours in a row of rain! Sister Annabel and I are very excited to have seen rain. It's been so long since we saw real live rain, in fact I do believe it has been since we left home in the East. Sigh, diary, the east. Do I really miss it back there? No. I do not think so. I had fun but out in the West we can do so much more. The opportunities are almost endless. There are more mountains to climb and more adventures to go on. How long I will remain in the West remains to be seen.

The men-folk and other women-folk are returning to the homestead. I for one am very glad. I have missed the people who belong here. By this weekend's time we should all be together again, however we will be adding on almost 200 people from the South. They are sharing our homestead for the weekend and we are more than excited to help feed them too.

As my good friend Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Welcome home friends.

So long quietness. Hello, friends!

Comments

Andrea said…
Neither of us look very excited to be seeing rain. But don't be fooled. We really are.

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.