Heaven and a Disappointment.

The Chowchilla church is here this weekend.
It's also my weekend off.
I was able to go to a church service today.

The children's story and sermon got me thinking about many things.

1. Heaven.
Wow, that's going to be great. Besides all the amazingness of the obvious-Heaven. Just think I can catch my Grandma up on all that she has missed out on since 2006. I can tell her how God has been helping me grow, even if it has been rather painful at times. I can chat up a storm with Moses and get the scoop from Joseph on how badly 'his bowls did yearn'. I can snuggle with a lion, boogie with a penguin, fly with a humming bird. I can talk to 'my kids' from Honduras, fluently in a common language, I can dance with my famil from Tchad. There are just so many things that I want to do.

Mainly I want to sit with Jesus. I'm not even sure if I will want to start talking right away. In fact I'm sure I won't. I think I will need some time to just sit. To just be in the presence of the Man who gave everything to me. The Man who told me to put my hope in His unconditional love and faithfulness. There will be time for questions later, but for a bit I just want to worship Him in silence and awe of His gift.

After the time of silence, then the questions will flow. Perhaps Jesus will ask my angel to come and share some of their insight on what was going on. Perhaps we will watch the videos of life on earth and He will explain some things that I have been struggling with. He will show me the times in my life when I made Him proud. We can laugh and some of the silly times and cry at the tender moments.

Then we'll go for a walk and He'll show me where He was in the garden when He decided to create me and when He thought up the plans for my life and how I could help Him further the message and show His love to others. Then He'll tell me the plans He still has for me.

That leads me to the second part of the service today.

2. The early church.
Yesterday was the Great Disappointment. I always remember that day because it's my half birthday, so really it has double the reason to celebrate. But let's look at how exciting that day is! Over 100 years ago there were groups of people who searched out God so much that they thought he was going to come between the spring of 1843 and the spring of 1844. Then when He didn't they were so moved to find out why that they still gave up everything to find out. When they did they had to face a lot of criticism, struggles and beautiful moments with God in vision. So cool! That passion that they had, I want it. I want to be so on fire for the movement of Christ that I will go and do whatever He may ask of me. Dear Lord, give me courage to do so!

These are the trails of my mind from the last few hours.
May they remain the pathways of my future.

In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry.
May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.
May He send you help from His sanctuary
and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
May He remember all your gifts
and look favorably on your burnt offerings.
May He grand your heart's desires
and may all your plans succeed.
May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
and raise a victory banner in the name of our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.
Psalms 20:1-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.