Shasta's moment to NOT shine.


Both the children unsaddled their horses and the horses had a little grass and Aravis produced rather nice thing to eat from her saddle-bag. But Shasta sulked and said No thanks, and that he wasn't hungry. And he tried to put on what he thought very grand and stiff manners, but as a fisherman's hut is not usually a good place for learning grand manners, the result was dreadful. And he half knew that it wasn't a success and then became sulkier and more awkward than ever.
~A Horse and His Boy.

Oh how I hate it when that happens! I hate how things go down hill fast when I am in a sulky mood. I'm a tiny bit grouchy, perhaps I'm tired and people don't mean to say anything aggravating but it happens and then BAMB, I try to do something to make my situation better and BAMB, again! I've become sulkier and more awkward than ever. Oy.

I do think however it's nice that when I'm at that point in the downward spiral God sends in help, sorta like a shooting star that dazzles the night sky and distracts you from a slice of death. BAMB, here's something to laugh at, BAMB, here's something to distract you from your sulky awkwardness, BAMB, here's hope for your day.

These moments happen, they'ved happened before and they'll happen again.

Here's to the people who pull us out of the sulky, awkward moments.

Comments

Andrea said…
That's a lot of Bambs. But I think I know what you're talking about. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.