Nature is Big.

This isn’t a story to complain. This isn’t a story to complain about the long hours we work here at camp. This is a story about the amazingness of the outdoors.

It’s day two of outdoor school, which means we are hiking around the Wawona area. Last week I went up river, this week I’m going up Chilnualna falls. The last few days had been long, not to mention weeks, I didn’t get to bed early either because I was doing last minute work on summer camp stuff. The morning came way to early. I had kitchen duty since it was Paulette’s day off, I was in there by 7am getting the tofu and oatmeal ready. Jesus time was needed badly. I needed to find some time and ask for help for myself and to pray for the others in our staff, something we all talked about doing more of. I found time after breakfast/before we left for our hike. In that time I read:

The Lord is my strength and shield.

I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
Psalms 28:7

How did the day go? Beautifully. Not because of anything I did with the kids, only because of where we were. We were in the beauty of Yosemite’s backcountry. It was amazing how all the tiredness of the days, all the stresses of the future and all the complications of the mind disappeared. The sky was blue, blue and the trees were so big and green. Man God is good!

It’s true the outdoors are a balm for the soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.