Day 309 of Year Round Staff

This is it.

Tomorrow I cross over to Summer Camp Staff.

I did it. I worked the whole year here in Wawona.

I made friends with our neighbors, I explored the back country, I got a library card and I am on a first name basis with our mail office.

I learned so much from the people I worked with.

I learned how to
cook for 200 people.
make home made pop-tarts.
drive a back hoe.
identify the trees of the Sierras.
what it is like to live with people who tell the truth in love.
work long hours for something I love.
survive in the snow with a small amount of people for long periods of time and no electricity.
run 13.1 miles.
be friends.

This year was a good one.

"How shall I go in peace and without sorrow?
Nay, not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city."
~Khalil Gibran

Comments

kessia reyne said…
I see that God has given you many good gifts! Praise HIm.
Nicholas said…
all good things must... suddenly become even better? here comes summer camp!
Andrea said…
Well done, friend. Well done. You're a trooper. :)
Anonymous said…
Praise the Lord!!
enjoy Norway and Tanzania!

Dominic

P.S. You are cool! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.