Tanzania here I come!

I've got my plane ticket to head to my new job and home.

On October 4 I'm boarding the plane for Arusha, Tanzania.

Wahoooooo!

I'm working for Small Steps For Compassion as the Children's Home Director. Wowza, I have business cards and everything.

I've got a home to move into, a language to learn, a culture to adapt to and children to meet and fall in love with :)

If you are interested in the organization feel free to check it out. If you have any questions feel free to email me. While I'm over there I'll have internet so don't worry we can skype, email and creep on each others pictures still :)

We have a new video that has some updates, a fundraising event in Fl, pictures of our home and so much happening for the organization.

So please keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks as I am getting ready to leave, meeting with people and packing my stuff.

Also if you ever want to visit please do. I'm near the base of Mount Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater . You are always welcome. Karabu Mzungu.

Kwaheri.


Comments

Jennifer said…
Sonja! So cool! I wish we could see you before you go. We will be praying for you and all the folks at Small Steps. Hugs, Jenny
Anonymous said…
I am so proud of my world traveling, people helping cousin!!! Wish I was going with you. Maybe some day I can visit! God is using you for a mighty work. Always remember to lean on HIM. He will help you thru it ALL. Wish I could see you before you leave. Lots of Love and God speed to you. Julie
Jo said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo said…
Sonya,
This is awesome news! I would love to visit!! I am proud of you also! I will be praying for you. I will be creeping on your blog an d pictures! I love you lots!
Joni Morgan, RN
joar andré said…
exciting :) keep updating the blog when you get there.
kessia reyne said…
the Spirit be with you, dear friend!
Unknown said…
Been missing u dear friend! Rebecca and I were up at wawona a few weeks ago and were wishing u were there to hang out with you! But I'm so excited that u are taking on such an amazing opportunity to be such a blessing. I'll be praying your flight goes well and u arrive safe : D

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.