Thank you Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving has always been just a regular holiday until I found myself for the first time away from home, America and everything familiar. It was when I was living in Honduras that I found such a deep beauty in the holiday. I realized what the beauty of the holiday was and that the people I was surrounded with could love me like family. Thanksgiving soon became one of the most important holidays of the year (right next to the 4th of July).

Thanksgiving is more than a few days off from work or school, more than cooking lots of food and more than dumb American football. It's a day where we all pause, and evaluate life, we look at what God has given us, what He has blessed us with. This morning I read in Ephesians a perfect text for tomorrow:
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think . . . be glory"
Ephesians 3:20,21
Tomorrow I am going to visit with my new friends, some who aren't even from America but Germany and Canada. I am going to sit with them and eat, but most importantly I am going to look back on the year and see all that God has done for me, things that were exceedingly abundantly above anything I could have asked for all year.

I hope you do the same.

May God give you the eyes to see, the ears to hear and the love to see all that He has done for you this year.

Comments

Andrea said…
Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Anonymous said…
You are right about asking God to see what He has and is doing. I get so used to sunrise and a new day that it's too easy forget that each day is truely a miracle from God AND HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING!
"Mom" Weis

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.