Tangawizi

Without further delay I introduce to you: Tangawizi

His full name is Stoney Tangawizi. He was named in honor of my favorite soda here in Tanzania, ginger beer. (he’s also the colour of Tangawizi) So yummy. You have to be careful when you drink it because if you inhale, as you are about to sip you burn your throat. But it fizzes nicely on its way down. Anyway, enough about the drink let me tell you about the dog.


Tangawizi is a funny little dog. He likes to talk a lot, or perhaps I should say grumble. He’ll be laying in his bed and make all sorts of noise when he rolls over, moaning and groaning as if he were an old man and had to walk miles to church in the cold. He’s a very playful puppy, as all puppies tend to be. He enjoys chasing the rainbows on the floor and wall that my prism makes in my window. He likes to talk/grumble when I’m holding him on my lap as if he were telling me he would much rather be chewing on my hand or face. He understands when I tell him no and he usually talks back then too. He gets really excited about food and is like a crazed teenaged girl at a Justin Beber concert jumping up and down, wiggling his whole body until the plate is set down. He’s learning how to sit, and he’s working getting it, however slow it may be.

He understands when I tell him to go home or to stop biting. Not to bad for a puppy of about 2 months.

I’m praying that he is a good addition to the house and will help teach patience to the kids as well as be a companion and guard dog. He’s getting big and will soon loose his awkward sideways walking and his tumbling down the steps.

Any dog tips are welcome as are any volunteers willing to send me a dog collar with a tag on it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The kids will love him almost as much as he'll love them. So happy you have a little pooch.
Marilee
Sarah said…
Great description :) He's a cutie!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales from an exile

Phase 2

Almost nearly perfectly content.